In the second year at CeMM, PhD students fully dive into their PhD project, while continuously educating themselves to become an independently thinking and critical scientist. The network at CeMM is strengthened, presentation skills are developed, and the PhD project takes shape.
- Mandatory course work, including basic seminars, dissertation seminars and Journal Clubs.
- Attendance of CeMMinars, a seminar series at CeMM featuring international, high-impact researchers, and dedicated meetings with speakers and PhD students.
- Work-in-progress presentation at weekly in-house seminar to all scientific staff at CeMM.
- Attendance of a conference or summer school is highly encouraged.
- Second PhD committee meeting.